Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stéphan BEUZE <st...@douane.finances.gouv.fr> on 2011/06/28 12:24:35 UTC

WAR Plugin problem - Dependent JAR unexpectedly trimmed

Hi all,

I have a web-app configured with a pom.xml.
This web-app relies on another maven module that produce a jar file. When i check the produced jar file size it is 8Ko.
When i check this same jar file in my /lib web application, it is 5Ko.

  A bunch of classes are simply ignored when the jar file reaches my /lib directory,
causing ClassNotFoundException when running the web application.

Why is my jar trimmed ?

Re: WAR Plugin problem - Dependent JAR unexpectedly trimmed

Posted by Stéphan BEUZE <st...@douane.finances.gouv.fr>.
I finally find a solution. In the web-app/web-inf/lib directory, there was a
jar file who was sharing the same name with the dependent jar file.

For a reason i don't understand, maven-war-plugin used to take this old jar
file rather than the freshly one i installed in my local repository.