Posted to user@tez.apache.org by camelia c <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/11 22:51:16 UTC

Question about version 0.5.0-incubating

Hello,

Can
 You please be kind to tell me when do You estimate that version
0.5.0-incubating will be available in the central Maven Repository?
There
 have been some valuable commits in Tez during the month of April (e.g.
in MRInput,MROutput, MRHelpers, SimpleMRProcessor), that I'd like to use
 in the project I'm working on [1]. Currently my dependencies are on Tez
 version 0.4.0-incubating which was released on April 1st. With that
version the new WordCount example fails:

value createMRIntermediateDataPayload is not a member of object org.apache.tez.mapreduce.hadoop.MRHelpers
value createUserPayload is not a member of object org.apache.tez.mapreduce.input.MRInput
value createUserPayload is not a member of object org.apache.tez.mapreduce.output.MROutput
value waitForCompletionWithAllStatusUpdates is not a member of org.apache.tez.dag.api.client.DAGClient

Moreover,
 SimpleMRProcessor and SimpleProcessor are not part of 0.4.0-incubating release, but they are very helpful.

Is it a way to use Maven based on a Github repository branch, while it is not ready the new 0.5.0-incubating release yet ?

Thank You very much. I hope to get an answer from You soon.

Yours sincerely,
Camelia

[1]https://sites.google.com/site/gsoc2014tez4summingbird/home

RE: Question about version 0.5.0-incubating

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Most of the targeted work under TEZ-690 (API ease of use) is complete. We
should be able to wrap it in the next few weeks for late May/early June
0.5 release.

Ease of use will be an ongoing process but it may be important to release
0.5 sooner rather than later because we are moving to abstract classes
instead of interfaces and that will help make future changes smoother.
Also a lot of confusing code around MR configuration helper methods has
been cleaned up. E.g. There is no need for any invocation of
jobClientMagic :)

So it's a cleaner slate to start from.

Bikas

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.