Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jon Smirl <jo...@mediaone.net> on 2000/07/07 05:49:57 UTC

Windows and Winsock

I just noticed that Xerces is linking to the old winsock while Apache is
linking to the new Winsock2. Shouldn't Xerces be using Winsock2?

Apache: ws2_32.lib
Xerces: wsock32.lib

I vaguely recall read some messages about problems caused by mixing these
two in the same app.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net

Re: Windows and Winsock

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Yes, I would think that would be the appropriate thing to do.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"