Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Iain Smith <Ia...@mclsoftware.co.uk> on 2007/01/23 11:51:03 UTC

MMS False Positives

Hi,

I've just been writing a negative scoring meta-rule to offset the points
added by FROM_ALL_NUMS to many MMS messages sent via email. E.g. if it
matches FROM_ALL_NUMS and is from @mms.vodafone.co.uk then subtract the
2.5 points added by FROM_ALL_NUMS. The FROM_ALL_NUMS rule itself hits
too much spam at my site for me to want to score it any lower.

This seems to work well so far, and has avoided a few FPs, but I've only
got examples from Vodafone UK and O2 to test with. Does anyone else have
examples of messages from UK providers such as Orange and Three? I only
need the messages headers, I'm not asking anyone to post their photos
here! ;-)

Thanks,
Iain