Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by ao...@bellsouth.net on 2003/11/03 17:31:05 UTC

cvs commit

Looks like we both made this change at the same time.  BTW have you seen what I have done in the repository?

Alex

Re: cvs commit

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:

>Looks like we both made this change at the same time.  BTW have you seen what I have done in the repository?

Not yet -  just catching up!

Steve.

>Alex
>

>>From: mcconnell@apache.org
>>Date: 2003/11/03 Mon AM 11:14:03 EST
>>To: avalon-cvs@apache.org
>>Subject: cvs commit: avalon/merlin/kernel/loader/src/java/org/apache/avalon/merlin KernelDefaults.java

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: cvs commit

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:

>BTW have you seen what I have done in the repository?

I'm browsing over the javadocs now.

I like the repository loader model - there are some features I'm
seeing that will simplify some of that bootstrapping overhead.

Some questions:

* In the RepositoryLoader constructor your creating a temporary
  boostrap directory relative to ${user.home}.  I was wondering
  if it would be better to use ${java.io.tmpdir}?

* Concerning ArtifactDescriptor - presumably this will be used
  as an argument to the repository
  e.g. repository.getArtifact( descriptor )?

Finally, on RepositoryConfig - I think we should rename
getLocalRepository() and setLocalRepository() to getCache() and
setCache() respectively - just for clarity.

Cheers, Steve.