Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by HuiHuang <ye...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2009/05/04 10:09:42 UTC

connecting to freenode

Hey, Stefan;

Now I can connect to your router. But there are still some problems and I need your help. The following are the connecting mesages:

* Connecting to dougal.stsp.name (6669)
-
-dougal.stsp.name- You need to say /quote PASS <password>
-
here I typed '/quote PASS tik7iX1s', OK!
-> Server: PASS tik7iX1s
-
-dougal.stsp.name- Welcome to BNC v2.9.4, the irc proxy
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- Hello HuiHuang,
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*-
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- to connect to Freenode and join the #svn-dev channel, type:
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- /conn irc.freenode.net
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- /join #svn-dev
-
-dougal.stsp.name- -*- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-
-dougal.stsp.name- Level two, lets connect to something real now
-
-dougal.stsp.name- type /quote conn [-s] <server> [port] [pass] to connect
-
-dougal.stsp.name- type /quote help for basic list of commands and usage
-
here I am not sure what to type, so I typed '/quote conn irc.freenode.net'(and I have tried to type '/quote conn dougal.stsp.name 6667 tik7iX1s', but it can not connect to the server, too.)
-> Server: conn irc.freenode.net
-
-dougal.stsp.name- Making reality through irc.freenode.net port 6667
-
here I typed '/quote join #svn-dev'
-> Server: join #svn-dev
-
* You are not on a channel

Thank you very much!

HuiHuang
ISCAS

2009-04-29

yellow.flying

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 03:17:27AM +0200, Branko Čibej wrote:
> yellow.flying wrote:
> > The client I am using is mIRC~
> > I have tried to connect to irc.freenode.net directly but failed, so
> > Stefan set a proxy for me, and "dougal.stsp.name " is the proxy.
> > Now I am trying to connect to the proxy first then connect to the
> > server. Is there any problem? Thanks~
>

> Hm, ok .... you could try using one of the European IPs for freenode.net:
>
> $ host irc.eu.freenode.net
> irc.eu.freenode.net is an alias for chat.eu.freenode.net.
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 213.92.8.4
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 213.161.196.11
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 82.96.64.4
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 85.188.1.26
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 89.16.176.16
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 92.61.33.10
> chat.eu.freenode.net has address 130.237.188.200
>
> or maybe just connecting to irc.eu.freenode.net directly from mIRC would
> work, too. Maybe you're just blocked from the IPs in the USA for some
> reason; it's worth a try, proxies are always troublesome.

There is also chat.ap.freenode.net, for Asia. Maybe that
works. The reason I proposed trying a proxy is to check
whether some the problem is rooted in international IP blockage.

HuiHuang missed a slash before '/join' when trying to use
the proxy. I have followed up privately because with a mail
containing better more precise information on using the proxy,
and the new proxy password.

Don't worry, we'll get him connected to the chat eventually :)

Stefan

Re: connecting to freenode

Posted by Branko Cibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
yellow.flying wrote:
> The client I am using is mIRC~
> I have tried to connect to irc.freenode.net directly but failed, so
> Stefan set a proxy for me, and "dougal.stsp.name " is the proxy.
> Now I am trying to connect to the proxy first then connect to the
> server. Is there any problem? Thanks~

Hm, ok .... you could try using one of the European IPs for freenode.net:

$ host irc.eu.freenode.net
irc.eu.freenode.net is an alias for chat.eu.freenode.net.
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 213.92.8.4
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 213.161.196.11
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 82.96.64.4
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 85.188.1.26
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 89.16.176.16
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 92.61.33.10
chat.eu.freenode.net has address 130.237.188.200

or maybe just connecting to irc.eu.freenode.net directly from mIRC would
work, too. Maybe you're just blocked from the IPs in the USA for some
reason; it's worth a try, proxies are always troublesome.

-- Brane

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2062724

Re: Re: connecting to freenode

Posted by HuiHuang <ye...@yahoo.com.cn>.
The client I am using is mIRC~
I have tried to connect to irc.freenode.net directly but failed, so Stefan set a proxy for me, and "dougal.stsp.name " is the proxy.
Now I am trying to connect to the proxy first then connect to the server. Is there any problem? Thanks~

HuiHuang

2009-05-05

yellow.flying

Posted by Branko Cibej <br...@xbc.nu>.