Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeremy Nix <Je...@sfsltd.com> on 2003/04/18 18:38:02 UTC

Accessing JSTL data from within a custom tag

I have a current need to develop a tag that generically formats
information for the web (replacing EOL and CR characters with <BR> and
such).  I've developed my tag, and now I'm lost on how to send the data
I need into the tag's property.  I'm iterating through a list using the
jstl <c:forEach> tag.  Sample code below:

<c:forEach items="${sessionScope.searchResults}" var="result">
	<app:webFormat value="<c:out
value="${result.address.houseNumber}"/>"/>
</c:forEach>

Now, I understand that my code above doesn't work, but how would I be
able to send that value into my tag?
Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.