Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Do...@enron.net on 2001/03/06 23:45:22 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.1

I'm a new member to your group and am having a strange problem.

I was happily writing struts code when suddenly I was unable to find
applicationresources.properties and struts-config.xml from my app.  I went back
to the struts-example and it fails too.  The only way I can make it work the
example work again is to add
c:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\struts-example\WEB-INF\classes to my classpath and
restart Tomcat.  Of course, this is not the correct way to do this and only
works for the current application.  Any ideas, before I start uninstalling
everything from my hard disk.

Thanks,
Donnie Hall
Enron Broadband Services.

Re: Tomcat 3.2.1

Posted by Nick Pellow <ni...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Donnie_Hall@enron.net wrote:

> I'm a new member to your group and am having a strange problem.
>
> I was happily writing struts code when suddenly I was unable to find
> applicationresources.properties and struts-config.xml from my app.  I went back
> to the struts-example and it fails too.  The only way I can make it work the
> example work again is to add
> c:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\struts-example\WEB-INF\classes to my classpath and
> restart Tomcat.  Of course, this is not the correct way to do this and only
> works for the current application.  Any ideas, before I start uninstalling
> everything from my hard disk.

Have you tried completely removing the struts-example directory that
tomcat
creates after unpacking the original .war file? Then overwite the
struts-example.war
and restart tomcat.

Nick