Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Heinrich Götzger <go...@gmx.net> on 2002/01/14 22:31:29 UTC

Re: [xmlblaster] integration of Xindice in xmlBlaster

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Marcel Ruff wrote:

>Heinrich Götzger wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I just commited the first alpha release of an integration of Xindice
>>(dbXML) as an implementation of a persistence layer
>>(I_PersistenceDriver.java).
>>
>Cool thing!
did it work on your place?

>You went to bed late (1:03) ...
Well .... good thing needs its time, could have been worse.

>There is a little problem:
>   build.sh all
>does not compile because of missing dbxml jars.
ahh, I thoght, this is caused by my development environment.

>Probably you should add them to our lib/dbxml directory.

I'll do that till midweek.

>So everybody can start easily using dbxml,
>and xmlBlaster will compile.
>
>Adding testcases is very important IMHO,
>our regression tests are the only way to know if
>xmlBlaster runs stable since different developers
>are coding on it.
Basicly you're right, but as mentioned above, I went late, the testcase is
almost done, it needs some more beautifying and final testing. It will be
comitted this week.

regards

Heinrich
--
http://www.xmlBlaster.org

Xindice and MySQL

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Tom/list,

I went back and looked at the screenshots of the dbXML admin on your
website.  I am curious
about the screenshot and capabilities of Xindice when used with MySQL:

"This image demonstrates dbXML's ability to map MySQL (relational) data into
XML documents that are exposed as dbXML virtualized collections. This data
is being delivered from three separate tables that are being joined with a
single query. dbXML performs the work of eliminating redundant data and
producing a hierarchical structure using a mapping configuration."

How are the "virtualized collections" created? By using a modified
collection configuration?  If so, does the configuration
then include the SQL query?

Take care,
Kurt