Posted to dev@iota.apache.org by Adarsh Shrivastava <ad...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/10 11:28:03 UTC

Regarding contribution

Hello, I, Adarsh Shrivastava, would like to contribute to this
project.About my experiecne, i am a novice, (final year of undergraduate).
Though my inexperince, i would like to contribute in any way possible.
Your guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you
Adarsh

Re: Regarding contribution

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adarsh,

The ASF model, aka the "Apache Way" is a do-ocracy model. You don't have
to ask just do. It's always better to ask for help/advice when you have
a concrete proposal of an improvement. Usually those come from something
you think needs added or improved, aka 'scratch an itch'. If you don't
have one of those, just want to learn about IoT then the jira issues are
a good place to start.

Don't wait for people to give you something to work on, because that's
extremely unlikely to happen.

Best,
Hadrian