Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Toxic53 <to...@me.com> on 2012/11/16 06:06:46 UTC

Wicket 6 and Page Versions

I noticed some weird behavior when a bookmarkable page contains a Form.  If I deep dive to the page I can see the page id start at ?0.  When I deep dive to it it increments by 1 which it seems normal to me.

However when I navigate to the same page with either an autolink or a BookmarkablePageLink it starts off at 2 and jumps up by 2 every time I navigate to the page via that link.  If I deep dive then it increments by 1.  It only does this when I have a Form on the page and navigate to the page by clicking the links.  If I use a StatelessForm then I don't even see the page id on the URL which is expected.

Is the non consistent incrementing something I need to care about?  It doesn't seem to have any negative effect but I do think its not normal but I can't figure out why its incrementing the way that it is.

I'm using 6.2.0

Any advice is appreciated!

-Jesus M.

Re: Wicket 6 and Page Versions

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Put a breakpoint at org.apache.wicket.Page#setNextAvailableId and see why
it increments twice per request.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Toxic53 <to...@me.com> wrote:

> I noticed some weird behavior when a bookmarkable page contains a Form.
>  If I deep dive to the page I can see the page id start at ?0.  When I deep
> dive to it it increments by 1 which it seems normal to me.
>
> However when I navigate to the same page with either an autolink or a
> BookmarkablePageLink it starts off at 2 and jumps up by 2 every time I
> navigate to the page via that link.  If I deep dive then it increments by
> 1.  It only does this when I have a Form on the page and navigate to the
> page by clicking the links.  If I use a StatelessForm then I don't even see
> the page id on the URL which is expected.
>
> Is the non consistent incrementing something I need to care about?  It
> doesn't seem to have any negative effect but I do think its not normal but
> I can't figure out why its incrementing the way that it is.
>
> I'm using 6.2.0
>
> Any advice is appreciated!
>
> -Jesus M.

Martin Grigorov