Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Davide Mora <d_...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/09 17:23:02 UTC

template from a string

Hi all!

I need to use a string as template, but i've not found
a way for get a Template from a generic Reader. Any
idea except write a temporary file and use it as
template?

Thanks,
Davide

Re: template from a string

Posted by Thomas �hlen <th...@obidobi.net>.
The evaluate method takes a string

parser.evaluate( context, writer, "template name", template);

where template is a String.

Thomas

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: template from a string

Posted by Anthony Eden <ae...@signaturedomains.com>.
Well there is Velocity.evaluate(Context context, Writer writer, String
logTag, Reader reader) or the same but with a String as the last argument.
These are both from Velocity 1.1 but I assume they are still there in the
current release.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden