Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eduardo André Mallmann <Em...@mercador.com> on 2002/03/07 19:38:21 UTC

I18n for number formatting on Struts

Hi all,

I'm using Struts on a project in the company. The Internacionalization for
the messages and labels on the Web pages work fine and we didn't have much
problem.

But for the internacionalization of some number formats (write 1.000,00
instead of 1,000.00, etc) we had to set somethings hard coded because we
didn't find support on Struts for this kind of thing.

Do you know if it's possible to let Struts do by himself the formatting of
numbers, dates, etc. automatically using the Locale catched from the
session, like it does for the messages and labels?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

Eduardo André Mallmann | Analista de sistemas

mercador.com - varejistas e fornecedores juntos em um só lugar
Rua Dona Laura, 320 / 7º andar
CEP: 90430-090, Porto Alegre, RS - Brasil
Tel.: 55.51.3378 9014
Fax: 55.51.3378 9048
mailto:emallmann@mercador.com
http://www.mercador.com

RE: I18n for number formatting on Struts

Posted by Andrew B Forman <an...@wcom.com>.
I do not know of any struts-specific i18n
functionality that does what you are looking for.

However, the baseline Java i18n does:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/

andrew

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail: