Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net> on 2011/10/07 18:18:29 UTC

ServiceName vs CustomMethod

Hi,

I continue my analysis to use EmailTemplateSetting with Content. My idea
is to use a service to retrieve information needed to merge with
template content before sending the email. The system  already use
Content entity, great ! But to manage template, the field
Content.serviceName isn't really useful for user's screen.

Do a reason exist to use serviceName instead of a relation with
CustomMethod entity ? Historical ?

With the CustomMethod and CustomMethodType, it's easier to show
available services to advanced user.
Any suggest ?

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: ServiceName vs CustomMethod

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the modeling for CustomMethod  has been like a Hook in C lanquage.
this allows future addition and selection to performs an operation, to
achieve a particular outcome.
so if you want to have multiple services available for a Template, then
use CustomMethod, otherwise specify the service.

Nicolas Malin sent the following on 10/12/2011 12:42 PM:

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
run nico, run ! :)
No problem jacques, I will work on it asap. After update my lasts jira
issues ;)

Nicolas

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
Done, I open the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5020