Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Cook <Ja...@wecomm.com> on 2009/09/10 12:40:37 UTC

2.1.6 with Convention + Spring plugins

Hi All,

I have set up my first Struts2 project. I have added the convention
library and the spring library to the project. Now when I deploy
(Glassfish 2 ur2) I receive various exception messages, all in the vein
of

java.lang.Exception: Could not load MultiColumnPrinter.class

From Googling this error I can tell it is an issue with the version of
Glassfish I am using. However looking deeper into the trace I can see it
is also trying load

java.lang.Exception: Could not load
org/apache/struts/actions/DispatchAction.class

                at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef(ClassFinder
.java:745)

                at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.access$400(ClassFinder.j
ava:57)

Now, I recognise this as a Struts 1 class which another project I have
deployed on the same domain of the same glassfish instance. For every
class in this Struts 1 project which extends DispatchAction I have an
error for.

However this *only* happens if I have the spring plugin added to my
Struts2 project. Also note this doesn't stop the application from
working, but I am concerned that it appears to be searching the entire
domain for actions, and spewing out these messages.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what I have done wrong here?

Struts 2 Libs I have in my project:

Commons-fileupload-1.2.1

Commons-io-1.3.2

Commons-logging-1.0.4

Freemarker-2.3.1.3

Ognl-2.6.11

Struts2-config-browser-plugin-2.1.6

Struts2-convention-plugin-2.1.6

Struts2-core-2.1.6

Xwork-2.1.2

Web-xml

<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">

    <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</l
istener-class>

    </listener>

    <context-param>

        <param-value>/WEB-INF/SpringConfig.xml</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <filter>

        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndEx
ecuteFilter</filter-class>

        <init-param>

            <param-name>struts.devMode</param-name>

            <param-value>true</param-value>

        </init-param>

        <init-param>

<param-name>struts.objectFactory.spring.autoWire.alwaysRespect</param-na
me>

            <param-value>true</param-value>

        </init-param>

        <init-param>

            <param-name>struts.convention.result.path</param-name>

            <param-value>/WEB-INF/jsp</param-value>

        </init-param>

    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>

        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

    </filter-mapping>

    <session-config>

        <session-timeout>

            30

        </session-timeout>

    </session-config>

    <welcome-file-list>

        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>

    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Cheers

James

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs on behalf of weComm Ltd.