Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/10/07 14:31:18 UTC

[ApacheDS] Sandboxing JBoss Sar (was: Re: [ApacheDS] Running inside JBoss with data storage)

On 10/7/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yop Alex, it has been sandboxed.

Who authorized to sandbox it?

Re: [ApacheDS] Sandboxing JBoss Sar (was: Re: [ApacheDS] Running inside JBoss with data storage)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 10/7/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> there were a convo about sandboxing OSGi back in August (28th) before
> we release 1.5.1. Another mail has been sent suggesting to sandbox
> sar-plugin too, and I created a JIRA about it.
>
> May be it was a little bit too fast, for sure.
>
> We can revert the sandboxing easily.

No this was fine I just forgot it.  However let's ping the community and see
if someone is interested
in it and if interested enough to maintain it.  I forget who contributed it
but that person is long gone.

And you are right about such decisions : pushing it as a JIRA just
> before a release is not exactly the best way to get the good
> visibility, as everyone is just deep into his own tasks to deal with
> during the rush hours.
>
> So consider it as a mistake I did.

No worries again I just forgot about it then saw that the sar was gone.  It
was a bit of a surprise.
I think this thread is enough for someone to see and if they really want it
we can hear from them
and move it back.  If not let's leave it where it is.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

there were a convo about sandboxing OSGi back in August (28th) before
we release 1.5.1. Another mail has been sent suggesting to sandbox
sar-plugin too, and I created a JIRA about it.

May be it was a little bit too fast, for sure.

We can revert the sandboxing easily.

And you are right about such decisions : pushing it as a JIRA just
before a release is not exactly the best way to get the good
visibility, as everyone is just deep into his own tasks to deal with
during the rush hours.

So consider it as a mistake I did.

On 10/7/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey I just found am IM conversation about the pain of dealing with the
> sar plugin and this sar fo jboss.  I completely agree that its a good
> idea to sandox this but lets ask if the contributor will do something
> about it. Perhaps also someone using it might need it and if they do
> they may volunteer to maintain it. Wanna try this first before we yank
> it?
>
> On 10/7/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On 10/7/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yop Alex, it has been sandboxed.
> >

> > Who authorized to sandbox it?

> > > in

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] Sandboxing JBoss Sar (was: Re: [ApacheDS] Running inside JBoss with data storage)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.