Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com> on 2012/09/27 01:39:38 UTC

AssignmentManager enhancement HBASE-6611 ready for review.

The AssignmentManager enhancement part 2, HBASE-6611,  I presented
during the pow-wow, is ready for review.

https://reviews.apache.org/r/7305/

I did some performance testing in my small cluster and it took around
300 seconds to assign around 10,000 regions to 4 region servers with
the patch.
Without the patch, it took around 290 seconds.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Re: AssignmentManager enhancement HBASE-6611 ready for review.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
I enhanced the patch a lot and posted the fourth one to the RB.  I think the
patch (and AM) is getting reliable and stable now.

Please take a look in case I overlook something, or cause some new issue: