Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jonathan Byrne <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2015/07/07 15:59:52 UTC

What is the preferred way to submit a bug fix?

On the Karaf website there are instructions for attaching a patch file to a
Jira ticket and also instructions for contributing using a fork of the
Github repo.  Is one of these methods preferred over the other?

Re: What is the preferred way to submit a bug fix?

Posted by Jonathan Byrne <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for clarifying that, I'll start using pull requests on Github.

Re: What is the preferred way to submit a bug fix?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jonathan,

if the "patch method" is still valid, you can also use a Pull Request as
we have a Karaf mirror on github.

I would encourage you to use the git approach with PullRequest: thanks
to that, we preserve your commit, etc.

Regards
JB

On 07/07/2015 03:59 PM, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On the Karaf website there are instructions for attaching a patch file to a
> Jira ticket and also instructions for contributing using a fork of the
> Github repo.  Is one of these methods preferred over the other?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com