Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by al...@sophos.com on 2003/04/28 16:55:08 UTC

Problems building the xerces COM wrapper - win32

Hi,

I'm trying to build the ATL project, but I'm facing some difficulties I'd
like to overcome without having to fiddle with the code, but, if possible,
only with the project settings - if that's what it takes.

I'm using VC6 SP5, with the June 2001 SDK (including the Internet Explorer
extensions). I've built the Xerces library fine.

I'm getting compiler errors claiming DOM_Node and a whole list of other
objects are missing storage-class or type specifiers (plus some other side
effects presumably related to this). It looks like it's something to do
with undefined namespaces, but when I add the 'using namespace' clause I
then get the 'ambiguous symbol' error...

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,

Alberto