Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kwabla, Bens" <BK...@brockhaus-ag.de> on 2002/12/16 13:13:15 UTC

Struts validating with beta2 not working for server-side validati on

Hi All!

When I switch from client-side to server-side validation, the validation is
not effected. Now I called super.validate(..) in the validate(..) method of
my formbean (derived from ValidatorForm) and logged out errors.size() which
turned out to be 0, apparently indicating that my errors Object is empty. I
further checked the ValidatorForm.validate(..) method of the latest nightly
build and saw this code...

    public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
                                 HttpServletRequest request) {

        ServletContext application = getServlet().getServletContext();

        Validator validator =
Resources.initValidator(mapping.getAttribute(),
                             this,
                             application, request,
                             errors, page);

        try {
            validatorResults = validator.validate();
        } catch (ValidatorException e) {
            log.error(e.getMessage(), e);
        }

        return errors;
    }
What I don't understand is the errors Object is returned, but I don't see
when it is filled with the validation results. Is it likely there is a bug
in here?