Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by happy easy <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/24 11:41:35 UTC

Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

Hi everyone. I'm trying out the JAMES mail server on localhost. I've
installed and ran the service. I've created acc1@localhost, acc2@localhost,
and acc3@localhost. I've configured Outlook Express for the 3 accounts using
SMTP. When i tried to check mail, it completes the task successfully. But
when i tried to send a mail (containing text only, without attachments) from
acc1@localhost to acc2@localhost, i get:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Testing 123', Account: '127.0.0.1',
Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 4.0.0 Error
processing message: Unable to retrieve the data: The system cannot find the
path specified', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number:
0x800CCC6A

I tried Mozilla Thunderbird i got the same results. I've googled but no
result.
Please help. Thanks.

Re: Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

Posted by happy easy <ja...@hotmail.com>.
"c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\james-2.3.1"
Tried "c:\james-2.3.1", folder name without spaces but same result.

I'm running the mail client as the administrator.
The james server is installed as a service and run as local system.

Is there anyway for james to show which path he's having trouble with?

-Jacky

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by happy easy <ja...@hotmail.com>.
>There is an error on the JAMES Server side.
>You should look for logfiles in the <james>/apps/james/logs/ folder for
>the smtpserver logs.
>You should have something like:
>"Unknown error occurred while processing DATA." and a stacktrace. We
>need that stack trace.
>
>Btw the problem seems to be related with the temporary location james
>store messages while they are being received.
>
>We use "File.createTempFile" for this, maybe you have problems with your
>system temporary folder?
>
>Here is the javadoc for the createTempFile:
>----
>The default temporary-file directory is specified by the system property
>java.io.tmpdir. On UNIX systems the default value of this property is
>typically "/tmp" or "/var/tmp"; on Microsoft Windows systems it is
>typically "C:\\WINNT\\TEMP". A different value may be given to this
>system property when the Java virtual machine is invoked, but
>programmatic changes to this property are not guaranteed to have any
>effect upon the temporary directory used by this method.
>-----
>
>Stefano

Hi, here's the stack trace:

---Start--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO  smtpserver: Connection from localhost (127.0.0.1)
ERROR smtpserver: Unknown error occurred while processing DATA.
javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to retrieve the data: The system
cannot find the path

specified;
  nested exception is:
	java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path

specified
	at org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageInputStreamSource.<init>(

MimeMessageInputStreamSource.java:101)
	at org.apache.james.core.MailImpl.<init>(MailImpl.java:181)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.processMail(DataCmdHandler.java:266)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.doDATA(DataCmdHandler.java:133)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.DataCmdHandler.onCommand(DataCmdHandler.java:81)
	at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.handleConnection(SMTPHandler.java:393)
	at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(

ServerConnection.java:432)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:

55)
	at org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:116)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.