Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Er...@bcbsks.com on 2007/05/21 20:17:22 UTC

email appender doesn't work with multiple email addresses

I can't get my email appender to work with multiple email addresses in the
"To:" parameter.  The first one works, but no others.  I have tried
separating them with commas and spaces, but noting works.  Any ideas?  I am
running version 1.2.13.

Thanks in advance.
Eric

Re: email appender doesn't work with multiple email addresses

Posted by Wayne Cannon <wc...@turinnetworks.com>.
I just tried it successfully with multiple addresses last week by simply
separating the addresses with commas.

    <!-- mail is set to be an SMTPAppender -->
    <appender name="mail" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender">
        <param name="evaluatorClass"
value="com.cannon.log4j.TestEvaluator"/>
        <param name="from" value="me@my_domain.com"/>
        <param name="SMTPHost" value="my_smtp_host.its_domain.com"/>
        <param name="SMTPUsername" value="my_login"/>
        <param name="SMTPPassword" value="my_password"/>
        <param name="subject" value="Test Log Output"/>
        <param name="to"
value="someone_else@my_domain.com,me@my_domain.com"/>
            <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%p %t %c.%m%n"/>
        </layout>
    </appender>

--Wayne

Posted by Wayne Cannon <wc...@turinnetworks.com>.
I'm new to Log4j -- not an expert.  I was just experimenting last week.
I tried comma and semicolon delimiters, which some mail programs use,
without success.

I read somewhere (probably in the Log4j book) that the config file stops
a little short of full capability compared with the XML config file, but
I would be surprised if that is the case here -- after all, the only
thing we are talking about is the content of a parameter value, not some
complex configuration.

Someone else will have to speak to the version differences.

--Wayne

Posted by Er...@bcbsks.com.

Posted by Wayne Cannon <wc...@turinnetworks.com>.
[I used version 1.2.14]