Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Douglas Smith <na...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/01 01:09:03 UTC

XForm 0.1 - Self-Validating Web Forms

Cocoon Developers,

Neeme Praks just forwarded an announcement to this list and I thought
I'd just follow up with a more "official" announcement and a note about
licensing:

XForm 0.1 - Self-Validating Web Forms

I've been working for the past couple of months on an free software
tool for processing forms using XML and Java. I'm pleased to announce
that it is now available for download along with a live demo for your
perusal:

http://www.nanoworks.com/XForm/

I would really appreciate your feedback.  I suspect that it could
evolve into something useful in the context of projects like yours.

Thanks,

Douglas Smith
dug@nanoworks.com
http://www.nanoworks.com

Some of the feedback I've gotten from Turbine and ECS developers is
that the GPL license is inappropriate for this software in the context
of the various Apache projects.  So I'm looking into this issue and
welcome comments about licensing as well as on the software in general.

Thanks again,
Douglas Smith
dug@nanoworks.com
http://www.nanoworks.com