Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew <an...@jxxtech.net> on 2005/11/26 06:56:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with mod_dav installation

Hey,

I am sorry if this seems elementary to you all but I just started using
apache and am not sure how it fully works.  I am running a linux server
(also new to linux as well) and would like to install mod_dav for a
Mozilla Sunbird shared calender.  When I start the mod_dav installation
I reach the part where you put in "|./configure --with-apxs=PREFIX".
(ex||. /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs||) I inserted my apache installation
folder and I get a "configure: error: Your APXS installation is broken
and cannot be used" message.  I also tried "||./configure
--with-apache=PREFIX" (ex. ||/usr/local/apache). Apache was installed
when I put linux on the server so the install folder is different
(/etc/httpd).  I get an "configure: error: YOu need to point
--wth-apache at the base Apache source code directory" error.  I do not
know which one, either: conf, conf.d, logs, modules, run).  I tried
setting to each but still no luck.  If you could be of any help that
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,
Andrew
|| |

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_dav installation

Posted by Andrew <an...@jxxtech.net>.
Wow you are a genius!  I did not know that.  I am using apache 2 and I
have gotten everything working now.  Shared mod_dav calendars for
Sunbird woot!  Thanks a bunch!

Andrew

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.