Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by dennis m lucero <st...@unm.edu> on 2000/06/09 22:16:23 UTC

stuff

	I would like to use the xerces-j api to write a application
	to read in xml document and give me html.
	or
	(even better )
	is there one written already that I can get source for.

	also what is a good resource for learning xerces-j
	right now i am wondering through the api.

        strider

        We come from the land of the ice and snow
	From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
	the hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands
	Fight the horde,   Sing and cry
	Valhalla, I am coming

Re: stuff

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ce...@scardini.com>.
> I would like to use the xerces-j api to write a application
> to read in xml document and give me html.
> or
> (even better )
> is there one written already that I can get source for.
>
> also what is a good resource for learning xerces-j
> right now i am wondering through the api.

Why not just use XSL to do the XML->HTML transformation (i.e., with Xalan
<http://xml.apache.org/xalan/>)? Then you'll never need to use Xerces directly.

--
Christopher Elkins

RE: stuff

Posted by Linda Derezinski <li...@interfacecontrol.com>.
I'm not sure exactly what you are going after, but you might want to look at
xalan and convert via XSLT or even cocoon.  Look on xml.apache.org

Linda Derezinski
Interface & Control Systems

	I would like to use the xerces-j api to write a application
	to read in xml document and give me html.
	or
	(even better )
	is there one written already that I can get source for.

	also what is a good resource for learning xerces-j
	right now i am wondering through the api.

        strider

        We come from the land of the ice and snow
	From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow