Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2015/04/25 11:13:54 UTC

Re : Re: Splitting up flex-utilities (was Re: Where to put code examples?)

Hi,

I like the idea, few remarks though.

1- A general good practice is to have 1 project per repo, IMO the 2 maven projects should be able to live separatly.

2- If infra cant separate and import the history per project, this repo can still be used for history.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Thanks for that link Fred.  I’ll try to remember to pass it along to
Infra.  IIRC, it might be made harder that several sob folders are being
moved to a single repo for flex-installer.git.  We might have to accept
moving all of the related installer folders under a single folder for at
least the duration of the move.

-Alex

AW: Re : Re: Splitting up flex-utilities (was Re: Where to put code examples?)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Have to admit when it comes to the maven projects, especially the flex-maven-plugin ... there is not much history ;-)
But shouldn't it be possible to do this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/359424/detach-subdirectory-into-separate-git-repository

But ... if the flex-maven-plugin is to get it's own repo ... even if the directory is called maven-flex-plugin, I have to change this to flex-maven-plugin as the Maven group only allows maven-{name}-plugin plugin for Apache Maven Plugins when interpreted as (Apache-Maven) Plugin and not Apache (Maven-Plugin) ;-)

Chris