Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by weipin he <we...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/07 17:01:47 UTC

Email client connecting to James

Hi there,

Can somebody enlight me on how to configure a email client to view emails stored in James? Also How can I receive incoming emails from the outside world? I can now send out emails after configuring the dnsserver, but I still can't receive an email. Do I need to put a new dns entry in the local dns server table? Sounds what I need to do but the dns server is beyond my control, so I'd like to confirm this is needed before I bother the building admin guy to no it.

Many thnaks,

Weipin He

ThoughtWorks Inc