Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Dunn, Scott" <SD...@sonusnet.com> on 2003/01/16 20:07:28 UTC

ConnectException in DefaultSocketFactory

I am having problems deploying multiple services from within a single VM. I
have tried this on W2K and Solaris.

To demonstrate the problem, I modified AdminClient.main() as follows

		SDAdminClient admin = new SDAdminClient();
	            args[1] = "deploy-svc1.wsdd";
	            String result = admin.process(args);	// This
succeeds
	            if (result != null)
	                log.info(result);

		admin = new AdminClient();
	            args[1] = "deploy-svc2.wsdd";
	            result = admin.process(args);		// This
fails
	            if (result != null)
	                log.info(result);
	}

The second call fails with a ConnectException being thrown from
DefaultSocketFactory when it tries to construct a new socket.

I've included a stack trace below.

The problem does not appear to be server-side as I can deploy multiple
services by executing the unmodified AdminClient multiple times. As you
might expect when using the modified AdminClient I don't see anything appear
in tcpmon for the second invocation.

Anyone encountered this before? More importantly, does anyone have a
solution?

Thanks,

Scott.

        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory.create(DefaultSocketFact
ory.java:131)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:175)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:182)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.SDAdminClient.process(SDAdminClient.java:320)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.SDAdminClient.process(SDAdminClient.java:298)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.SDAdminClient.process(SDAdminClient.java:305)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.SDAdminClient.process(SDAdminClient.java:256)
        at org.apache.axis.client.SDAdminClient.main(SDAdminClient.java:355)

Re: ConnectException in DefaultSocketFactory

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Try

String args[] = new String[2];
args[0] = "deploy-svc1.wsdd";