Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it> on 2003/02/18 15:13:24 UTC

TCP/IP connection unexpectedly terminated

Hi everybody,

I've got the following problem:

A few days ago I activated in config.xml the
<verifyIdentity>true</verifyIdentity> entry in my <smtpserver> block. From
that moment some (but not all) of my users using Outlook 2000 as client
started getting the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly
terminated by your mail server. If that problem persists, contact your LAN
Administrator or Internet Provider". This message comes out only
(consistently) when hitting the SendReceive button, not when mail is
automatically sent or received using the "send messages immediately when
connected" option or the "check for new messages every nn minutes" option of
Outlook. I haven't been able to figure out why certain users where having
such problem and not others.

I took out the <verifyIdentity> entry and things went fine back.

I'm using James version 2.1.1a5, as didn't have time yet to swich to 2.1.1
final. If this problem has been fixed in such final release please forgive
me and let me know.

Thank you,

Vincenzo