Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/13 07:33:39 UTC

Apache LDAP API 2.0 git migration

Hi !

so here a list of items that need to be taken care of in order to have
teh migratio successful :

- ask INFRA to migrate the current SVN repo, with all the history,
including branches). That should take a couple of days.

- fix the release process to use git instead of SVN ( a bit of work here
..., but we already have it working for fortress, so that's not that
complex)

- update the web site to tell teh world (well, our world ;-) that we are
now using git for the API

- add a page where we provide the minimal list of commands to use for
those who are not comfortable with git.

All in all, I think that could be manageable in a matter of two weeks !

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Apache LDAP API 2.0 git migration

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Forget a few things :

- Jenkins task will hahe to be updated

- probably the same thing for JIRA

- we might also want to check what's going on with github (we already
have the projetc there : https://github.com/apache/directory-shared, but
we have to see if The ASF has some better way to deal with gitHub).

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to mention https://gitbox.apache.org/

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Ticket created : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14977

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 28/08/2017 à 20:04, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 08/13/2017 09:33 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Hi !
>>

>> so here a list of items that need to be taken care of in order to have
>> teh migratio successful :
>>

>> - ask INFRA to migrate the current SVN repo, with all the history,
>> including branches). That should take a couple of days.
>>
>> - fix the release process to use git instead of SVN ( a bit of work here
>> ..., but we already have it working for fortress, so that's not that
>> complex)
>>
>> - update the web site to tell teh world (well, our world ;-) that we are
>> now using git for the API
>>
>> - add a page where we provide the minimal list of commands to use for
>> those who are not comfortable with git.
> It seems it's done, at least I see some commits to git :)

Indeed !

> Does that mean that SVN tree /directory/shared is now read-only? Or are
> both SVN an git now writeable? I assume they are not synchronized, right?

Svn is not yet read-only. I still need to ask Infra for that, will do soon.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 08/13/2017 09:33 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi !
>

> so here a list of items that need to be taken care of in order to have
> teh migratio successful :
>

> - ask INFRA to migrate the current SVN repo, with all the history,
> including branches). That should take a couple of days.
>
> - fix the release process to use git instead of SVN ( a bit of work here
> ..., but we already have it working for fortress, so that's not that
> complex)
>
> - update the web site to tell teh world (well, our world ;-) that we are
> now using git for the API
>
> - add a page where we provide the minimal list of commands to use for
> those who are not comfortable with git.

It seems it's done, at least I see some commits to git :)

Does that mean that SVN tree /directory/shared is now read-only? Or are
both SVN an git now writeable? I assume they are not synchronized, right?

Kind Regards,
Stefan