Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Christian Carollo <cc...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 19:06:55 UTC

Looking for Python consumer help

Hi,

I am new to the list and I have been experimenting with Kafka.  I have been
reviewing the example clients on github and I am looking for a way to
consume messages via python.  The python client example appears to be far
more terse than its PHP or Ruby counterparts.  Am I missing something?

If I could be pointed to some additional information or another example.  I
would love to help with the python example and contribute anything that I
produce back but at the moment I am a bit confused by what I see.

Thanks in advance.
Christian

Re: Looking for Python consumer help

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian.  Your are not missing anything.  The python client doesn't
not currently have a consumer component, which is probably part of why
it looks so terse.

I'd check out the client in your next most favourite language for
examples.  http://sna-projects.com/kafka/design.php has some information
on the byte format.  Speak up if you need more.