Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajiv Singla <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/23 09:20:57 UTC

Unable to get messages from Message resources file for keys

Configuration: Websphere 6.1.0.19 App Server, Oracle DB 10g, Struts 2.0.6,
Spring2.0.3 and Hibernate 3.0

We have a web app having 3 layers - Action classes, Service or Business
Objects and DAOs.
BOs and DAOs are accessed thru interfaces.
We use spring to inject dependency.

We have defined scope="session" for beans corresponding to actions.
For BOs and DAOs , no scope is defined. We are using applicationContext xml
files to define beans.

Labels and buttons names are picked up from MessageResources.properties
file.
But on some pages these values are not picked up and labels go missing.

I am new to both Spring and Struts 2 and I am unable to figure that why this
is happening.
Message resources are loaded in context and it should be available to all.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Rajiv

Re: Unable to get messages from Message resources file for keys

Posted by Rajiv Singla <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes we have struts2-spring-plugin-2.0.6.jar in lib folder.
I have attached my struts.properties file

My web.xml has following listeners
<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

Regards,
Rajiv

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20126721/struts.properties struts.properties