Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2018/06/21 12:21:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release calcite-avatica-1.12.0 (release candidate 0)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite Avatica 1.12.0, release candidate 0.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this release.
You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/blob/branch-avatica-1.12/site/_docs/history.md

The commit to be voted upon:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite-avatica/commit/019a4ec4ac2c952f842bca7ecfcfc86761b0f9c6

Its hash is 019a4ec4ac2c952f842bca7ecfcfc86761b0f9c6

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.12.0-rc0

The hashes of the artifact are as follows:
src.tar.gz.sha256 6408dacb66d28a2021dde761cfe153d96656aa1ca65adb7a1e8765dbe7dae7f8

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1043

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/francischuang.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite Avatica 1.12.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite Avatica 1.11.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Francis

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release calcite-avatica-1.12.0 (release candidate 0)

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone who has tested the release candidate and given their
comments and votes.

The tally is as follows.

3 binding +1s:
Francis Chuang
Julian Hyde
Michael Moir

2 non-binding +1s:
Kevin Risden
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

No 0s or -1s.

Therefore I am delighted to announce that the proposal to release Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.12.0 has passed.

Thanks everyone. We’ll now roll the release out to the mirrors.

Francis

Re: [VOTE] Release calcite-avatica-1.12.0 (release candidate 0)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I just noticed the following deprecation warnings given by javadoc under JDK 9:

[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaResultSet.java:[360,22] getUnicodeStream(java.lang.String) in java.sql.ResultSet has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaResultSet.java:[335,21] getBigDecimal(java.lang.String,int) in java.sql.ResultSet has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaResultSet.java:[295,22] getUnicodeStream(int) in java.sql.ResultSet has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/AvaticaResultSet.java:[270,21] getBigDecimal(int,int) in java.sql.ResultSet has been deprecated [WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/server/src/test/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/SslDriverTest.java:[36,37] org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject in org.bouncycastle.jce.provider has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/server/src/test/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/SslDriverTest.java:[173,9] org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject in org.bouncycastle.jce.provider has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/server/src/test/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/SslDriverTest.java:[195,13] org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject in org.bouncycastle.jce.provider has been deprecated
[WARNING] /home/jhyde/regress/calcite-avatica/server/src/test/java/org/apache/calcite/avatica/SslDriverTest.java:[220,18] org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.X509CertificateObject in org.bouncycastle.jce.provider has been deprecated

Not a show-stopper, but we try to suppress or fix these. Let’s do it soon after the release.

Julian

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding) downloaded source tar at [1], ran unit tests on Ubuntu
under JDK 8.

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.12.0-rc0

Kind regards,