Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by sanjayasing <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2003/06/23 16:11:09 UTC

adding binary files to cvs

I tried to add some jpeg files to the repository as binary files from wincvs.
Wincvs seems to be stuck when doing this. How can I achieve this?
thanks.

---------------
Lanka Software Foundation  (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka.

RE: adding binary files to cvs

Posted by Chris <cl...@trefs.com>.
CVS assumes nothing is binary; you have to explictly tell it a file is
binary, or CVS will treat 0x10 as eol, and so forth.

>>From the WinCVS command line, use cvs add -kb filename, or cvs admin -kb
filename to mark an existing file as binary. I have no idea how to do it
from the GUI because I never use it. It should probably be pretty obvious;
if not, then go ahead and use the command line.