Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/26 13:00:55 UTC

Consistent result messages

Hi,

When call-service element is used in simple method and there is no error
or success message in the result, a default message is returned "The
action was performed successfully"
The problem is that this message is returned only in simple methods when
call-service is used, and the user gets a wrong impression that other
clicks don't perform any actions.
Recently I even faced a screen where simple method was used for data
gathering and the message was displayed w/o performing an action on the
screen.

My proposal is to remove this default message value (actually it is the
default value for the default-message element in call-service), and if
there is no default-message specified, to return no message as it is
other places.

WDYT?
Bilgin

Re: Consistent result messages