Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2013/08/08 18:29:19 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.5.

Changes are listed at:

  http://s.apache.org/Avro175

Please download the sources, check them, and vote.

  http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.7.5-rc0/

The Maven staging repository is at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-076/

Thanks in advance for voting!

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Rodrigo Trujillo
<ro...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> any chance to add this patch to 1.7.5 release ? Or next ?

It's too late for 1.7.5.  But we can include it in the next release.  Sorry!

It was marked for 1.7.4, so I didn't see it when looking for issues
for 1.7.5.  The "Fix Version" should be set to the release that we
expect to include a fix in.  We cannot change what's in a release
that's already out.  We can only make new releases.

We may next make a 1.7.6 release with compatible changes from 1.7.5,
or, if we need to include some incompatible changes, the next release
will be called 1.8.0.  Or we might make both, if folks need.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Rodrigo Trujillo <ro...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
Hi Doug,

any chance to add this patch to 1.7.5 release ? Or next ?

Rodrigo

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Micah Huff <mh...@inome.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Matt Massie <ma...@berkeley.edu>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1.  Java built and ran fine.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@apache.org>.
I should have some time tomorrow, or if I'm lucky, tonight.

Definitely interested in moving to 1.7.5 here ASAP!

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.5 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.