Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by KT Nabe <th...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/30 15:16:07 UTC

Netbeans Test File on Mac OS sloooow

When attempting to execute a (junit) test class from the IDE by either "Test File" or "Run Focused Test Method", it often can take up to 18 seconds before the test method actually executes (the actual test method only takes 10 ms or so).
Now, this is the kind of thing I've done on a Windows machine a million times, and never seen anything like those kinds of times (the fast execution of tests (almost REPL-like), is one of the greatest features of Netbeans).I assume this is related to some sort of project-scanning? or something; I've disabled all the version-control related plugins, local history, etc. and no luck; it's almost certainly not related to heap-size or garbage collection (although I've played with those parameters as well).
It doesn't happen everytime (and when it doesn't the tests execute almost instantly), but usually if I change a test class and then run or tab between different test classes, the delay triggers.I don't see anything in the IDE log that provides any visibility into what the issue might be.
I'm really at a loss as to what is causing this drastic delay; so if anyone has any ideas or could just confirm that they don't have this kind of issue on their own Macs (again, this never happens on Windows) . . .

Particulars:Netbeans 8.2 (and 9.0)JDK:  Zulu (Azul) Open JDK 64-bit 1.8.0_181Mac OS X version 10.12.6