Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carsten Elshoff <El...@dilloncs.de> on 2001/11/02 16:56:48 UTC

adding a directory to the standard installation

Dear list,

I'm geeting a little desparate after installing Tomcat 3.3 and Apache
1.3.22! After installation everything was looking fine and even all of the
samples were working. As I ported my application from Jserv to tomcat it
drove me crazy. Basically the only thing I did was to add another directory
to the /webapps folder.

My structure there looks like this : /webapps/www/web-inf/classes and on
this level there is a web.xml file. I have a context that's added to the
server.xml pointing to /webapps/www. So far everything seems to be ok, but I
can only call servlets within the following structure: /examples/servlet.
What I'd like to do is to omit the first part and set this to /servlets; but
the only way it's been working so far is /servlets/servlet.

Where can I change this behavior? Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Carsten