Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2011/05/05 14:20:49 UTC

Re: Accessing all of the configurations of a configuration factory

Hi Mike,

Not sure, whether I really understand what you want to do ..

Am Samstag, den 23.04.2011, 00:58 +0100 schrieb Mike Ottinger:
> 	This seems like it'd be easy but I'm just not connecting the dots here. I've created a component with configurationFactory set to true. I see then that I can create multiple instances of these within Felix, and my code for this component nicely lists all of the configurations made against it. All is well. The next step is having a separate service read all of these configurations that were created.

If you use the configurationFactory=true attribute to the @Component
annotation a meta type descriptor is created which helps the GUI to
create factory configurations for the component.

Each factory configuration will cause the Declarative Services Runtime
to create and activate an instance of the given component.

So for four factory configurations cfg1, cfg2 , cfg3, and cfg4 you will
get four component instances c1, c2, c3, and c4. Each of these will be
handled "independently" and will also be registered as services
independently if so declared.

So, now you want to access the actual factory configuration and use the
components actually just as providers for the configuration. Right ?

Your approach sounds like overkill.

Lets turn around: Assume you have a component instantiated once only but
which you want to provide with factory configurations to act upon.
Right ?

Regards
Felix

Posted by Mike Ottinger <mo...@tacitknowledge.com>.
Thanks Felix,

	I'd actually realized this was overkill as well and found that a configurationFactory worked just fine for what I was looking to do. I just had to bang my head against the wall to figure out how I managed it within my service.

Thanks again.