Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ben <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/06 13:20:52 UTC

Alerts for search results

Hi

I would like to allow users on my site be able to create alerts base
on the search keywords for every newly posted article. It would be
good to send out the alert emails hourly, daily or weekly, etc.

Anyone has any experience in this area? What are the best practices
when implement such feature? I would imagine it's going to take a lot
of resources to do a search for each keyword.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

Re: Alerts for search results

Posted by Ben <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help, something for me to start with.

PS: Sorry about the double posts

-Ben

Posted by Nader Henein <ns...@bayt.net>.