Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <cu...@earthlink.net> on 2003/05/04 04:21:18 UTC

Jrun problems (struts app works in tomcat but not in jrun)

Hello,
 I am trying to deploy a simple webapp using struts on Jrun 3.0. The webapp
works perfectly fine inside of tomcat but throws a null pointer exception
when uploaded to the Jrun server. The resource property file is stored
inside of a jar in the lib directory - which even if the server couldn't
find it I wouldn't expect this type of exception. Any pointers would be
helpful. The exception is:

 500 Internal Server Error

/java/join/:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception thrown processing JSP page.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException:
    at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:577)
    at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag.(HtmlTag.java:94)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at
allaire.jrun.jsp.JRunJSPStaticHelpers.createTagHandler(JRunJSPStaticHelpers.
java:47)
    at jrun__index2ejspa._jspService(jrun__index2ejspa.java, Compiled Code)
    at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
    at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
    at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:174)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
    at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
    at allaire.jrun.file.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletPool.service(JRunServletPool.java:83)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
    at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
    at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
    at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:354)
    at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
    at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)

Thanks,
 Ryan Cuprak

Re: Jrun problems (struts app works in tomcat but not in jrun)

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
Please search the archive for workaround solution.
The are few ppl able to make it working but you are
pretty much on you own here.  I heard JRun 4 works well with struts out of
box

-D

Posted by Franck Lefebure <fl...@orange.gp>.
Hi,
I use Jrun 3.1 with struts 1.0 / 1.1
Works perfectly well
No workaround.

I just had to put libs in server_dir/lib, not in app_dir/web-inf/lib
Properties files are in web-inf as defined in jrun servlet mappings

--
Franck Lefebure