Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com> on 2007/06/21 22:52:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Recent JSFCentral articles

Hello everyone,

If you haven't checked out JSF Central recently, you may want to read one of
our recent exclusive articles:

Designing User Interfaces with JSF, Dreamweaver, and the JSFToolbox
(http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/dreamweaver.html)

Learn how to use JSFToolbox for Dreamweaver, a Web development tool that
connects these two disciplines and promotes synergy between UI design and
Java development teams.

==

Interview with Craig McClanahan
(http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/mcclanahan-05-05.html)

Craig McClanahan, Sun's Web 2.0 Architect for its Java Tools division and
lead for Apache's Shale project, talks about JSF, Shale, development tools,
and dynamic languages.

==

JBoss: The JavaServer Faces Powerhouse?
(http://www.jsfcentral.com/editorial/jboss_powerhouse.html)

JSFCentral editor-in-chief Kito D. Mann discusses JBoss and their
involvement in the JavaServer Faces community.

Stay tuned for more new articles, including In the Trenches case studies.

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
phone: +1 203-653-2989
fax: +1 203-653-2988

* Sign up for the JSF Central newsletter!
http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17 *

Re: Novice Issue

Posted by Matthew Tyson <ma...@gmail.com>.
If someone built a framework which did everything well then people would be
using it.  The attempt has been made to create one tool to rule them all,
and it just turns out that numerous groups working concurrently produce more
effective solutions.

If you do want a 'top-down' approach, then there is .NET.  Although I hope
you don't do that, because the 'bottom-up' open source path is more
interesting and dynamic.

Regards,

Matt Tyson

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Recent JSFCentral articles

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
I am sorry If I came across the wrong way, I myself I am greatly happy with all the innovation and many choices, open source tools, that are available in the java community and the frameworks that are coming out, for example I can't wait for the opportunity to combine Shale and Web beans. My opinion is that as a novice it becomes difficult to even choose then to master.

wrote:
> Frankly is becoming difficult for us novice to master, is there any way we can just stick to one tool, one framework that we would be able to acomplish everything in the java ee stack?

Many companies would very much like you to believe the answer to your
question is "sure ... here's my XYZ framework and it will do
everything you could ever want." If you like following the crowd,
that's a reasonable path. If you want to believe that the authors of
framework XYZ, BigCompany ABC (whatever their actual name is) does
*not* know everything about what *you* need (or, more likely, doesn't
care at all), then you need to take the responsibility to decide for
yourself what the correct path is.

Do you *really* want "one framework" in this particular use case? If
so, what's the difference between that and having "one company"
deciding what software you should run on your PC (or even your
personal music player), or "one government" deciding what is right
and what is wrong (even if your personal morality or religion teaches
differently)? Or even "one viewpoint" deciding which color of skin is
socially acceptable, and which should be exterminated (in the
generation of my parents, this was most apparent in Europe ... but it
is depressingly common in Africa today)?

This may sound like hyperbole, but these viewpoints are connected.
Take some responsibility for your own world view ... please! The
issues are *much* more important than whether *you* have to learn one
technology or many, and then choose between them. In the real world,
there is *no* such thing as the "one right answer" to all problems in
a particular domain -- the earlier you understand this reality, the
more productive you will be in your career (because there *are*
intelligent organizations, in every part of the globe, that reward
clear thinking over lemming-like behavior), and the more valuable will
be your contributions to your own culture, and to humanity as a whole.

Craig McClanahan

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Novice Issue

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.