Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Dice <rd...@pobox.com> on 2000/12/14 19:41:38 UTC

more thoughts on modperl-based threaded discussion forum code

What a silly goose I am...

Right after that email I wrote a minute ago, I remembered some code
along these lines that I am aware of... the v1 Open Source release of
Opendesk.com, to be gotten from:

   ftp://ftp.smartworker.org/

As you can see, it's been a bit of time since this has been updated,
but there quite a decent DF in there somewhere -- definitely in the
opendesk tarball, and possibly inside of the sw-apps stuff.

Of course, using opendesk requires SmartWorker, and (sorry to say)
it's demanding (learning-curve-wise) beyond what most of us are
probably willing to go for.

Which is a shame, because at heart, it rocks.

(Remember that whole bit regarding enterprise application API stuff
in Perl in the "advocacy" thread of last week?  SmartWorker is _it_!)

Cheers,
Richard

 Richard Dice * Personal 519 635 9568 * Fax 519 635 9569
 ShadNet Creator * http://shadnet.shad.ca/ * rdice@shadnet.shad.ca
 Occasional Writer, HotWired * http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/
     "squeeze the world 'til it's small enough to join us heel to toe"
         - jesus jones