Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benoit Xhenseval <be...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/27 17:00:24 UTC

[ANN] QALab 1.0 plugin available for Maven 2, Maven 1 and Ant

ObjectLab is proud to announce release 1.0 of QALab for Java 1.4+

Furthermore, we are very pleased to announce that QALab was selected

by Borland and is also supported/integrated in JBuilder 2007 as part of

the new TeamInsight team-RAD feature.

"We are really excited at the collaboration between ObjectLab and CodeGear"

said Joe McGlynn, Product Manager for JBuilder.  "Our engineers were searching

for an innovative way to consolidate and trend key project metrics and we

found a truly wonderful solution in QALab".

ObjectLab has volunteered time with Borland's Developer Tools Group ("CodeGear/DevCo")

to make the transition to Maven 2 smooth and rich 'out-of-the-box'.

QALab itself will remain independent and carry on supporting all platforms.

QALab collects and consolidates data from several QA tools, like PMD,

Checkstyle, FindBugs, Cobertura, Simian and PMD CPD and keeps track of them

over time. This allows developers, architects and project managers alike

to be presented with a trend of the QA statistics of their project.

http://qalab.sourceforge.net

QALab works with Ant, Maven 1 and Maven 2 (both via plugins). It generates 2

reports, one based on historical data with tables and charts and the other

one shows the RECENT changes (Movers) over a user defined time window. This

will help to filter out the 'background' level of issues that any project

may have at any point in time.

Version 1.0 is available immediately for download via SourceForge or the Maven

Central Repository (both Maven 1 and Maven 2).

This release specifically targets:

- Maven 2 support with fully integrated reports in Maven site

- Maven 1 reports are now fully integrated in Maven site.

- PMD CPD is now supported.

- Each type will have its own colour and stroke for charts.

Used internally since 2003, QALab was open-sourced in 2005 and has finally

reached version 1.0!  It is being used across the world.

ObjectLab is not new to the open-source community having used numerous OS

projects, participated in a few and sponsoring:

- ObjectLab Kit (http://objectlabkit.sourceforge.net), a date calculation

  toolkit for business and finance;

- JTreeMap (http://jtreemap.sourceforge.net) the only open source heatmap

  library for Java .

- StatSvn (http://www.statsvn.org) Subversion repository statistics.

We would like to thank our friends and colleagues for their help, reviews

and suggestions.

Feel free to pass on to people who may be interested.

Enjoy!!

Benoit Xhenseval and the QALab Team.