Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/08/06 19:15:27 UTC

Apache test framework

I wanted to let everybody know that work was progressing on the httpd-test perl framework as
a test suite for Apache.  The CVS commit logs aren't getting sent out properly, and I am looking
into that problem (I have already asked Roy and Brian for help).  To give people an idea of how
things are going, the following tests have already been comitted.

PHP			86 tests		(50 test scripts)
include			22 tests
negotiation		98 tests
expires			8   tests
rewrite (not finished)	27 tests
access (not committed yet)	will have ~270 tests

All of the tests were written for Apache 1.3, because it is easier to make sure the tests are
correct on that server.  However, most of the test can be ported easily by just changing the
config file, or possibly just running the test framework against a 2.0 server.

Ryan