Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Da...@na.manpower.com on 2000/10/19 19:22:23 UTC

RE: resolveEntity

Maitreyee,

      You are right, you won't be able to simply ignore the systemId.
      You will need to do something similar to the example. Maybe you could
      have a list of valid systemIds, which are used as is. Anything not on the
      list would use your DTD file name.

      Yours,
      Daniel S. Horwitz

      Your mail was:

      I am sorry I don't follow.

Are you saying I should ignore the line in the example code that checks for
publicId and systemId?

So should I code the method as

   public InputSource resolveEntity (String publicId, String systemId)
   {
       return new InputSource(new FileReader("DTDFileName"));
   }

This would only work if this method is only called to resolve the DTD file? Is
that
true?

Also Within my main DTD file I include another DTD file. Would this method be
called again for that file too?
In that case wouldn't my code not work?

Thanks.

Maitreyee