Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Zeno Davatz <zd...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 10:19:37 UTC

Re: MinGW, Apache, APR and MSYS

Dear Günter

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Zeno Davatz <zd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Am 09.02.2011 09:14, schrieb Zeno Davatz:
>>>
>>> This is my Path:
>>> C:\tools;C:\Program
>>>
>>> Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Ruby-1.8.6-oniguruma\bin;C:\Program
>>> Files\7-Zip;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program
>>>
>>> Files\Git\bin;C:\ImageMagick-6.5.6-Q8;C:\Apache2.2\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Python25
>>
>> oh, and BTW. here I see something which may be the reason for the failure
>> with APR configure: you have a path to Git before the path to MinGW in your
>> search, and this might cause trouble since both Git and MinGW provide a MSYS
>> where Git's one is incomplete ...
>> I'd suggest that you remove both paths from search path since normally they
>> are not needed at all; instead you should call the batches coming with these
>> packages from a desktop link which is usually sufficient since the launched
>> bash inherits the global search path and adds other internal ones.
>
> How about switching the order? The reason why I done this is because I
> want to be able to use git directly from my commandline window
> _without_ having to open a separate window, just to be capable to use
> GIT. I want one command windows for everything, same like on Linux.
> Anything else does not seem efficient to me.

Ok, this helped. APR from SVN now gives me a clean configure when I do

C:\Users\zdavatz\software\apr>sh buildconf

Nice! Once again thanks for the hint! This should go into the
documentation somewhere. Please let me know where I can update the
documentation for the next Greenhorn-Zeno around the corner. I guess
this will be the Apache-Wiki.

I would also add some steps howto install MinGW and run "mingw-get
install *package*" or "mingw-get update"

Best
Zeno