Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/08/17 21:22:26 UTC

can we drop .bz2 formats of our binary distribution?

This format takes a long time to generate, and seems on marginally more
compressed than the tar.gz formats.  We've never generated it for the
uima-as distr; I'd like to update our build to drop it from the uima
base and sandbox distrs too.

Any objections?

-Marshall

Re: can we drop .bz2 formats of our binary distribution?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Eddie Epstein wrote:
> +1
>
> On the other hand, aren't people on uima-users more likely to care?

OK, I'll ask there too... no need to respond there if you've already
done so here

-Marshall

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Burn

Re: can we drop .bz2 formats of our binary distribution?

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 17, 2009, at 9:22 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> This format takes a long time to generate, and seems on marginally
> more
> compressed than the tar.gz formats.  We've never generated it for the
> uima-as distr; I'd like to update our build to drop it from the uima
> base and sandbox distrs too.

+1

Jörn