Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Adam J. Shook" <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/04 23:34:35 UTC

Clustering configuration error -- HTTPS hostname wrong

Hello all,

I am trying to enable clustering on my NiFi instance, starting with the
original single-node instance which uses Kerberos and HTTPS.  I've been
following the Clustering Configuration section in the admin guide, and I
see in the logs that the node takes over as the Coordinator and elects the
dataflow.  When I try to connect to the UI I receive the below error -- it
looks like there is no hostname in the GET request when it tries to
replicate it?  I started up the second node and I see it join the cluster,
but accessing the UI throws the same erro -- failing to replicate the
request to both nodes.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
--Adam

2016-12-04 23:28:02,105 WARN [Replicate Request Thread-1]
o.a.n.c.c.h.r.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator Failed to replicate request GET
/nifi-api/flow/current-user to tihdedg11.troweprice.com:8080 due to {}
com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.io.IOException:
HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <host1.foo.com>
        at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:155)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.handle(Client.java:652)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.filter.GZIPContentEncodingFilter.handle(GZIPContentEncodingFilter.java:123)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.handle(WebResource.java:682)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.access$200(WebResource.java:74)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource$Builder.get(WebResource.java:509)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
org.apache.nifi.cluster.coordination.http.replication.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator.replicateRequest(ThreadPoolRequestReplicator.java:578)
~[nifi-framework-cluster-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
        at
org.apache.nifi.cluster.coordination.http.replication.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator$NodeHttpRequest.run(ThreadPoolRequestReplicator.java:770)
~[nifi-framework-cluster-1.1.0.jar:1.1.0]
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[na:1.8.0_60]
[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
[na:1.8.0_60]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_60]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <
host1.foo.com>
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.checkURLSpoofing(HttpsClient.java:649)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:573)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1512)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1440)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:338)
~[na:1.8.0_60]
        at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler._invoke(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:253)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:153)
~[jersey-client-1.19.jar:1.19]
        ... 12 common frames omitted
2016-12-04 23:28:02,105 WARN [Replicate Request Thread-1]
o.a.n.c.c.h.r.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator

Relevant configuration items:

nifi.remote.input.host=
nifi.remote.input.secure=false
nifi.remote.input.socket.port=
nifi.remote.input.http.enabled=false
nifi.remote.input.http.transaction.ttl=30 sec

nifi.web.http.host=
nifi.web.http.port=
nifi.web.https.host=host1.foo.com
nifi.web.https.port=8080

nifi.cluster.protocol.is.secure=true
nifi.cluster.is.node=true
nifi.cluster.node.address=host1.foo.com
nifi.cluster.node.protocol.port=45354

nifi.security.keystore=/export/appl/pkgs/nifi/conf/cert.p12
nifi.security.keystoreType=PKCS12
nifi.security.keystorePasswd=********
nifi.security.keyPasswd=********
nifi.security.truststore=/export/appl/pkgs/nifi/conf/cacert.jks
nifi.security.truststoreType=JKS
nifi.security.truststorePasswd=********
nifi.security.needClientAuth=
nifi.security.user.authorizer=file-provider
nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider=kerberos-provider

nifi.zookeeper.connect.string=host1.foo.com:2181,host2.foo.com:2181,
host3.foo.com:2181
nifi.zookeeper.connect.timeout=3 secs
nifi.zookeeper.session.timeout=3 secs
nifi.zookeeper.root.node=/nifi/team/dev

Re: Clustering configuration error -- HTTPS hostname wrong

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

This Exception indicates that the node's certificate didn't match with
the requested hostname.
It seems when a node replicated a request to another node in the
cluster using the 'host1.foo.com', the target node responded with a
server certificate which was generated for other hostname.

Would you double check the keystore is configured with correct server
cert on each NiFi node?
(nifi.security.keystore)

Thanks,
Koji

Posted by "Adam J. Shook" <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help, Bryan.  I walked through your guide and was able to
use the new keystore and certs generated by the nifi-toolkit -- which is
great by the way.  Makes it easy for us security n00bs.

I compared the configurations and they were similar; nothing out of the
ordinary.  Must have been something with how the keystore and certs were
originally generated.

I've now got a two node NiFi cluster -- now to update the processor configs
to handle the new node...

Thanks again,
--Adam

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Adam,

This is definitely interesting that your single node secure setup was
working fine and now doesn't work when enabling clustering.

Since you mentioned you weren't opposed to starting over, this post that I
wrote when 1.0 was released should be fairly up to date:
http://bryanbende.com/development/2016/08/17/apache-
nifi-1-0-0-authorization-and-multi-tenancy

It uses the NiFi toolkit to generate the certs, which also generates a
nifi.properties for you. It might interesting to work through that, and
assuming it works, then compare the working config to the current config to
see if anything jumps out as being different.

If you want to keep troubleshooting your current setup, it might be good to
use keytool to list the contents of your p12 keystore and see if the
Subject looks correct:

Posted by "Adam J. Shook" <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
Adam,