Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/01/27 17:58:14 UTC

[4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

I plan to port the changes made to JSPC in the Tomcat 5 branch, and (as
I think fixing the issue is important) tag a new 4.1.20 milestone within
a few days.

Comments ?

Remy

Re: [4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> I plan to port the changes made to JSPC in the Tomcat 5 branch, and (as
> I think fixing the issue is important) tag a new 4.1.20 milestone within
> a few days.
>
> Comments ?

That would be great, but can you please apply the TagLibraryInfoImpl
patch from bug #14302 before you so? Without it, JspC fails for JSP
pages that use tag libraries with the TLD packaged in the JAR file.
This is the same problem as described by bugs #13212 and #14537.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten                                <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>
Gefion Software                       <http://www.gefionsoftware.com/>

Re: [4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
I was planning on doing some research and testing of custom tag pooling options
(as we discussed last week) this week.  It would be nice if the results from
that could get into th 4.1.20 release.  Could be a nice performance improvement
for Jasper2.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: [4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> We should waiit  for 4.1.20....The last 3 versions were broken, and we
> should test it extensively. Unfortunatly, I cannot test it tonigh and
> tomorrow (but latter this the week). We should wait based on experience :-)

Indeed, experience shows we have to be careful with new Xerces releases ;-)

Remy

Re: [4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
We should waiit  for 4.1.20....The last 3 versions were broken, and we
should test it extensively. Unfortunatly, I cannot test it tonigh and
tomorrow (but latter this the week). We should wait based on experience :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Re: [4.1.20] Tagging soon ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.